Arugula Salad with Caramelized Pears, Marcangelo Speck and Burrata
Time & Servings
22 min ready time =
22 min cooking
1/4 cup butter 4951
1/4 cup honey or light brown sugar 4952
3 ripe Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and cut into 6 wedges 4953
4 cups lightly packed arugula 4954
8 slices Marcangelo Speck, (about 6og) 4955
2 tbsp olive oil 4956
3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar 4957
1 pkg (350g) Burrata cheese 4958
- Melt butter and honey together in large non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat until the honey caramelizes, 2 to 3 minutes. Add pear wedges; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the pears are cooked through and lightly caramelized, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss arugula with Marcangelo speck, olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Mound salad mixture on 4 salad plates. Arrange one-quarter of the pear wedges decoratively over and around each salad. Dollop Burrata over pears and greens. Drizzle with Balsamic vinegar.
• This recipe also works very well with Marcangelo Proscuitto or Coppa Di Parma
• In the summer and early spring, try this wonderful salad with grilled peach or plum halves.