Barbeque Pork on a Bun
Time & Servings
25 min ready time =
25 min cooking
1 1.2 kg Marcangelo Porchetta Pork Roast 5451
1 tbsp olive oil 5452
3 medium onions, chopped 54530Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$5.64 • Ea
4 cloves garlic, minced 5454
1/2 tsp paprika 54550McCormick Gourmet Paprika 50G$3.83 • Ea
1/3 cup packed brown sugar 54560Redpath Brown Sugar Dark 1KG$2.94 • Ea
2/3 cup apricot jam 5457
2/3 cup ketchup 54580Heinz Tomato Ketchup 2.84L$6.55 • Ea
1/2 tsp hot sauce 54590Simply Natural Organic Sriracha Hot Sauce (2PK) 946ML$14.68 • Ea
1 tsp apple cider vinegar 54600Algoma Orchards Sweet Apple Cider Fresh Pressed 3L$5.07 • Ea
6-8 crusty rolls, split 5461
- Bake porchetta as directed on package. Let rest 30 minutes before slicing.
- Prepare sauce while pork is baking.
- Heat oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally for about 8 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic and paprika. Cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in brown sugar, jam, ketchup and hot sauce. Bring just to a boil. Stir in vinegar. Remove from heat.
- Slice pork into thin bite-sized slices. Mix with sauce.
- Toast rolls if desired. Spoon a generous portion of pork mixture on bottom of rolls. Serve with coleslaw.
• Add coleslaw on top or on the side for a tasty blend of flavours and textures.
• Pork mixture can be prepared ahead and reheated when ready to serve.
• The pork mixture is also delicious served with pasta or rice as a main dish. Add a green vegetable to complete the meal.
• Try this sauce on cooked Marcangelo Chicken Breasts or Pork Loin Centre Steaks.
• For a gluten-free sandwich use gluten-free rolls or serve the pork on rice or gluten-free pasta such as corn or rice.