Beef Shepherd’s Pie
Time & Servings
20 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
10 minutes cooking
1 lb. extra lean ground beef0Dempster's Deluxe Hamburger Buns (12PK) 1EA$6.47 • Ea
1 onion0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$7.55 • Ea
2 cups frozen green peas and carrots, thawed0Sweet Baby Carrots ~ 1.5LB$5.93 • Ea
1 cup water
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Rich Beef Gravy
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese0Kirkland Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese (2PK) 1.25KG$17.27 • Ea
- Cook ground beef and onion in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 3 minutes. Drain, if necessary. Stir in peas and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Add water and bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and stir in Gravy Mix until smooth.
- Arrange 4 (2-cup/500 mL) ramekins on large baking pan. Evenly spoon beef mixture into ramekins.
- Prepare Mashed Potatoes according to package directions increasing water to 1-1/2 cups (375 mL). Evenly spread over beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute.
- Each serving of this Shepherd's Pie is a good source of fibre and calcium.