Chick Pea Salad with Lemon, Parmigiano and Marcangelo Smoked Chicken Sausage
Time & Servings
25 min ready time =
25 min cooking
1 pkg (375 g) Marcangelo Mango and Jalapeno Gourmet Smoked Chicken Sausages 57360Marcangelo Sausages Pork Italian Mild Gluten Free (5PK) 500G$6.20 • Ea
1 can (19 oz/540 mL) chickpeas 5737
1 cup cooked snow peas 57380Peas Snow 200G$4.63 • Ea
1/3 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper 57390Pepper Bell Yellow Organic 1EA$3.04 • Ea
2 tbsp each chopped fresh basil and parsley 57400Compliments Organic Basil 28G$2.81 • Ea
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest 57410Lemons 1EA$1.12 • Ea
3 tbsp fresh lemon juice 5742
2 tbsp olive oil 5743
1 clove garlic, minced 57440Garlic 1EA$0.90 • Ea
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese 57450Kraft Cheese Parmesan Shaved 141G$7.33 • Ea
1 Salt and pepper 5746
- Grill Marcangelo sausages, over medium heat, turning occasionally, until heated, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse chickpeas. Combine in serving bowl with snow peas, pepper, basil, and parsley. Slice sausages and add to mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together lemon zest and juice, olive oil and garlic. Pour vinaigrette over chick pea/sausage mixture, tossing gently until well coated. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve at room temperature.
• Cook the snow peas in about 2 inches of boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water to prevent them from cooking any longer. Sugar snap peas will also work well here as will broccoli florets.
• In general, 1 regular sized lemon will yield about 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.