Chicken & Mushrooms with Carbonara Pasta
Time & Servings
25 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
15 minutes cooking
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*, divided0Becel Soft Margarine (2PK) 454G$4.90 • Ea
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, (about 1-¼ lbs./625 g)0Janes Chicken Breast Strips Pub Style 800G$13.72 • Ea
1 package (300 g.) mushrooms, sliced0Highline Mushrooms Whole White Mushrooms 227G$3.04 • Ea
2 cloves garlic, chopped0Fresh Garlic 1EA$2.02 • Ea
1/2 cup Knorr® Chicken Broth0Knorr Bovril Broth Concentrated Chicken 250ML$5.71 • Ea
1 package Knorr Sidekicks® Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta Side Dish
1 cup frozen green peas, thawed0Green Giant Sweetlets Peas 750G$4.57 • Ea
- Melt 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine in large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, turning once, until thoroughly cooked, about 6 minutes. Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Melt remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) margarine in same skillet and cook mushrooms, stirring frequently, until golden. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in Knorr® Chicken Broth and cook until almost evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare Knorr Sidekicks® according to package directions, adding peas during last 3 minutes of cook time. Spoon Pasta onto serving platter.
- Top with chicken, mushrooms and juices from skillet.
- *Becel Gold in Quebec
TIP: Try with different varieties of mushrooms like cremini or oyster mushrooms or a combination of different wild mushrooms.
- Each serving of this pasta provides 2½ servings of vegetables and is a good source of iron. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.