Chicken & Pasta Florentine Casserole
Time & Servings
45 minutes ready time =
20 minutes preparation +
25 minutes cooking
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$4.49 • Ea
1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Marcangelo Souvlaki Chicken Breast Kabobs (8PK) 480G$11.30 • Ea
6 chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$4.49 • Ea
1 2/3 cups hot water0Evian 1.5L$2.79 • Ea
1 Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken0Knorr Stock Homestyle Chicken (4PK) 132G$3.36 • Ea
1 package (250 g.) light cream cheese, cut into cubes0Kraft Singles Cheese Slices (24PK)$5.62 • Ea
6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves0Fresh Attitude Baby Spinach 454G$6.75 • Ea
1/2 lb. freshly cooked penne pasta0Barilla Penne Rigate Pasta 454G$2.23 • Ea
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs or plain bread crumbs0Aurora Bread Crumbs Italian Style with Romano Cheese 680G$4.14 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken until stock is melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook just until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture with hot penne in large bowl. Turn into 2-qt (2 L) baking dish, then evenly top with bread crumbs. Bake 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- Tip: For delicious nutty flavour and added fibre, try using whole wheat penne.
- Each serving of this casserole provides 1½ servings of vegetables and is a good source of calcium.