Chicken & Pasta Florentine Casserole
Time & Servings
45 minutes ready time =
20 minutes preparation +
25 minutes cooking
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) olive oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$6.92 • Ea
1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Marcangelo Souvlaki Chicken Breast Kabobs (8PK) 480G$12.16 • Ea
6 chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$6.92 • Ea
1 2/3 cups hot water0evian® natural spring water bottle 1.5L$3.54 • Ea
1 Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$4.84 • Ea
1 package (250 g.) light cream cheese, cut into cubes0Great Value Cream Cheese 250G$3.14 • Ea
6 cups fresh baby spinach leaves0Fresh Attitude Baby Spinach 454G$7.28 • Ea
1/2 lb. freshly cooked penne pasta0Barilla Penne Rigate Pasta 454G$2.04 • Ea
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs or plain bread crumbs0Apple Empire 3LB$4.84 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C).
- Heat olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until chicken is golden, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken until stock is melted. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Whisk in cream cheese until smooth and cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 2 minutes. Stir in spinach and cook just until spinach is wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture with hot penne in large bowl. Turn into 2-qt (2 L) baking dish, then evenly top with bread crumbs. Bake 10 minutes or until crumbs are golden.
- Tip: For delicious nutty flavour and added fibre, try using whole wheat penne.
- Each serving of this casserole provides 1½ servings of vegetables and is a good source of calcium.