Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Time & Servings
25 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
15 minutes cooking
1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix0Knorr Recipe Soup Mix Onion 56G$2.46 • Ea
3/4 cup water0Evian Natural Spring Water 1L$2.91 • Ea
3 Tbsp. hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp. Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$4.07 • Ea
1 lb. lean ground chicken0Maple Leaf Prime Ground Chicken Extra Lean ~0.5KG$6.83 • Ea
4 cups thinly sliced green cabbage0Napa Cabbage 1EA$4.82 • Ea
1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger0Ginger Root ~0.25LB$0.75 • Ea
1 clove garlic, chopped0Garlic 1EA$1.21 • Ea
8 large Boston lettuce leaves0Iceberg Lettuce 1EA$3.62 • Ea
- Combine Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix, water and hoisin sauce in medium bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, breaking up into small pieces with spoon, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes; remove and set aside. Heat remaining 1Tbsp (15 mL) oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook cabbage, stirring frequently, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger and garlic and cook, stirring, 15 seconds. Stir in Soup mixture and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute or until slightly thickened. Stir in chicken.
- Spoon chicken mixture into lettuce cups. Garnish, if desired with sliced green onions.
- Each wrap is an excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of calcium and iron.
- Tip: Add chopped peanuts as garnish.