Weather Alert: Due to inclement weather conditions we may be running slightly behind on your delivery. Thank you for your patience with us!
Coconut Curry Shrimp
Time & Servings
25 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
15 minutes cooking
1 lb. (450 g) uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined0Cooked Peeled Tail On Shrimp ~ 100G$7.65 • Ea
2 tsp. (10 mL) curry powder, divided0Club House Curry 100G$8.63 • Ea
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil, divided0Johnsons Baby Oil Aloe & Vitamin E 591ML$6.50 • Ea
1 medium onion, thinly sliced0Onion Vidalia 1EA$1.30 • Ea
1 large red bell pepper, sliced0Compliments Sweet Mini Peppers 227G$5.39 • Ea
1 clove garlic, chopped0Summer Fresh Hummus Roasted Garlic 227G$4.31 • Ea
1 can (410 mL.) light coconut milk0Vita Coco Coconut Water 500ML$3.23 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Chicken Fried Rice Side Dish
- Season shrimp with 1 teaspoon (5 mL) curry powder.
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp, turning once, until shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Remove shrimp from skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in same skillet and cook onion, red pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon (5 mL) curry, stirring frequently, until vegetables are almost tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in coconut milk and Knorr Sidekicks®. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 7 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Stir in shrimp; heat through. Garnish, if desired, with cilantro.
- Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of vitamin C and iron. Looking to add more veggies? Throw in frozen peas and chopped spinach! *See nutrition information for sodium content.