Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta with Chicken & Rapini
Time & Servings
30 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
15 minutes cooking
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Kirkland Chicken Breast, Ham & Roast Beef Sliced (3PK) 900G$16.94 • Ea
2 Tbsp. Becel® Oil, divided
1 clove garlic, chopped0La Maison Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip 1.4L$7.90 • Ea
1 package Knorr Sidekicks® Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta Side Dish
8 ounces rapini*, cut into 1-inch/2.5 cm pieces (about 4 cups/1 L) OR 8 oz. (227 g) broccoli florets (about 4 cups/1 L)0Broccoli Florets ~ 2LB$6.20 • Ea
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil in same skillet over medium heat and cook garlic, stirring, until garlic is fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 1 cup (250 mL) water and 1 cup (250mL) milk and bring to a boil. Stir in Knorr Sidekicks® Creamy Bacon Carbonara Pasta Side Dish and cook covered according to package directions, adding rapini during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Stir in chicken and serve garnished, if desired, with toasted chopped walnuts and grated Parmesan cheese.
- *Rapini, also called broccoli rabe (or raab), is a cruciferous vegetable (related to broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, bok choy and Brussels sprouts). The leaves, buds and stems are all edible. It can have a bitter taste, so, if desired, blanch it before adding to the recipe to remove some of the bitterness.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of calcium and iron.
See nutrition information for sodium content.