Crunchy Autumn Chicken Salad
Time & Servings
35 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
20 minutes cooking
1 pouch Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix
1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs0Aurora Bread Crumbs Italian Style 2.27KG$8.63 • Ea
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (about 1 lb/450g)0Kirkland Chicken Breast, Ham & Roast Beef Sliced (3PK) 900G$16.94 • Ea
1/3 cup Hellmann's® 1/2 the Fat mayonnaise-type dressing0Hellmann's Mayonnaise Real Light 1.8L$8.19 • Ea
2 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into bite-sized pieces0Extra Fancy Zucchini ~ 2LB$6.77 • Ea
8 cups mixed salad greens0Summer Fresh Seven Grain Salad (4PK) 800G$8.75 • Ea
1 large Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced0Gala Apples ~ 6LB$11.29 • Ea
1/2 cup walnuts, lightly toasted0Kirkland Shelled Walnuts 1.36KG$18.80 • Ea
1/2 cup dried cranberries0Ocean Spray Craisins Dried Cranberries Original 1.8KG$12.98 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 425° (220° C).
- Combine Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix with bread crumbs in shallow bowl and set aside.
- Coat chicken with Mayonnaise, then with bread crumb mixture. Arrange chicken on baking sheet, then arrange zucchini around chicken. Bake, turning zucchini once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 20 minutes. Cool chicken slightly, then slice.
- Arrange salad greens on serving platter. Top with chicken and zucchini, then remaining ingredients. Drizzle with your favourite dressing.
- TIP: Lightly roasted walnuts add crunch, flavour and valuable nutrients to this meal-worthy salad.
- Each serving of this salad is high in fibre, a good source of iron, and provides 2 servings of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.