Curried Chicken & Vegetable Couscous
Time & Servings
25 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
10 minutes cooking
2 Tbsp. olive oil, divided0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$27.86 • Ea
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips0Kirkland Chicken Breast, Ham & Roast Beef Sliced (3PK) 900G$18.29 • Ea
3 cups water
1 package Knorr® Vegetable Dry Soup Mix
1/4 cup raisins0Kirkland Milk Chocolate Covered Raisins 1.5KG$19.51 • Ea
1/2 tsp. curry powder
1 package (10 oz.) plain couscous0Zinda Tricolor Pearl Couscous 1.5KG$7.08 • Ea
2 cups baby spinach leaves0Fresh Spinach 454G$4.01 • Ea
- Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes. Remove chicken from skillet and keep warm.
- Bring water, Knorr® Vegetable Soup Mix, raisins, curry powder and remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil to a boil in medium saucepan, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 2 minutes. Stir in couscous, then remove from heat and let stand covered 5 minutes. Stir in chicken and spinach.
- Garnish, if desired, with slivered almonds and chopped fresh parsley.
- Sneak more veggies into this dish by adding 1 cup of frozen vegetable mix.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat, high in fibre, and provides 1 serving of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.