Easy Chicken & Vegetable Pho
Time & Servings
18 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
8 minutes cooking
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Oil0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$4.17 • Ea
12 ounces (350 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thinly sliced0Maple Lodge Chicken Breast Roasted Smoked 200G$4.63 • Ea
1 small bok choy, about 12 oz (350 g), cut crosswise into thin strips0Baby Shanghai Bok Choy (1PK)$3.04 • Ea
1 cup shredded carrot0Carrots 3LB$2.81 • Bun
1 cup chopped shallots0Shallots Dry 250G$0.42 • Ea
1/2 tsp. five-spice powder*
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken0Knorr Stock Homestyle Chicken (4PK) 132G$3.38 • Ea
3 1/2 cups water0Evian Spring Water Natural 1.5L$2.64 • Ea
4 ounces wide rice noodles, prepared according to package directions0Beatrice Milk 4L 2%$5.56 • Ea
- Heat oil in large pot over medium-high heat and cook chicken, bok choy, carrot, shallots and five-spice powder, stirring frequently, 5 minutes or until vegetables are almost tender. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Chicken and water until Stock melts.
- Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, about 1minute or until vegetables are tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked .
- Stir in noodles and spoon into serving bowls. Serve, if desired, with chopped cilantro and lime wedges.
- Tasty Tip: Add a bit of heat by serving sambal olek or sriracha on the side.
- Each serving of this pho is low in fat, a good source of calcium, and an excellent source of vitamin C.