Fettuccine with Ham & Asparagus
Time & Servings
25 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
15 minutes cooking
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Buttery Taste margarine*0Becel Margarine Original (2PK) 2.44KG$13.12 • Ea
1 cup (250 mL) cooked ham, finely chopped0Maple Leaf Natural Selections Cooked Smoked Ham (2PK) 1.4KG$15.30 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta Side Dish
1 cup milk0Natrel Lactose Free Partly Skimmed Milk 2% 2L$5.19 • Ea
1 cup water
1 cup cooked asparagus, cut in 2.5 cm chunks0Asparagus ~ 2.2LB$11.29 • Ea
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided0Kraft Parmesan Cheese Grated 680G$16.94 • Ea
- Melt margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat and cook ham, stirring occasionally, until lightly golden, about 3 minutes. Stir in milk and water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in Knorr® Sidekicks® Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta Side Dish into saucepan. Return to boil, then reduce heat slightly and cook, stirring occasionally, 8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Remove from heat. Stir in asparagus and 2 Tbsp. (30 mL) cheese. Let it stand covered for 3 minutes. Stir and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- TIP: For a healthier alternative, substitute diced turkey for the ham.
- Each serving of this fettuccine is a good source of calcium and a source of fibre and vitamin C.