Garlic Chicken Skillet with Mashed Potatoes
Time & Servings
30 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
15 minutes cooking
1 package Knorr® Roasted Garlic & Herb Pasta Seasonings0Knorr Pasta Seasoning Roasted Garlic & Herbs 22G$2.39 • Ea
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks0Marcangelo Souvlaki Chicken Breast Kabobs (8PK) 480G$12.16 • Ea
1 Tbsp. Becel® Oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$6.92 • Ea
2 carrots, thinly sliced0Carrots 1 Bunch$2.40 • Ea
1 large onion, chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.99 • Ea
1 Tbsp. tomato paste0Great Value Tomato Paste 156ML$1.06 • Ea
1 1/2 cups water0evian® natural spring water bottle 1.5L$3.54 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish
- Remove 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Knorr® Roasted Garlic & Herb Pasta Seasonings; set aside. Put chicken, remaining Pasta Seasonings and Becel® Oil in medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove; set aside. Add carrots and onion to same skillet; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften. Stir in tomato paste and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken, water and contents of Chicken Gravy pouch and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and cook, covered, 5 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, prepare Mashed Potatoes according to package directions, adding reserved 1 Tbsp (15 mL) Pasta Seasonings and an additional 1/4 cup (60 mL) each milk and water. Serve with chicken and vegetables.
- TIP: Pair each serving of this dish with healthy sides such as 1 cup of mixed green and shredded carrot salad.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron and a source of fibre and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.