Greek Salad Penne
Time & Servings
25 min ready time =
25 min cooking
1 pkg (320 gr) Marcangelo Authentic Souvlaki Pork Kabobs 5212
4 cups penne pasta (about 12 oz) 5213
2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes 5214
1 large sweet green pepper, seeded and cut into chunks 5215
1 cup chopped red onion 5216
1 cup kalamata olives 5217
1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese 5218
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 5219
2 cloves garlic, minced 5220
1/4 cup olive oil 5221
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley 5222
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano 5223
- Grill Marcangelo pork kabobs over medium heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside; cut into chunks.
- At the same time, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain well and transfer to bowl. Stir in tomatoes, pepper, onion, olives and feta. Stir in pork.
- Whisk together lemon juice, garlic and olive oil. Add to salad along with parsley and oregano. Toss until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• If fresh oregano is unavailable, stir 1 tsp dried oregano into vinaigrette.
• Always grease the grill before grilling to facilitate turning.
• Seeding the tomato ensures that the penne mixture doesn’t get too soggy.
• To seed a tomato, cut tomato in half horizontally, so that the inner flesh is exposed. Using your fingers, gently pry the seeds out of the interior.