Grilled Meatloaf Stroganoff
Time & Servings
40 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
25 minutes cooking
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Oil, divided
1 onion, finely chopped0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$7.90 • Ea
1 cup cremini mushrooms or white mushrooms, finely chopped0White Whole Organic Mushrooms ~ 1.5LB$6.55 • Ea
1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s), crumbled
1 1/2 lbs. extra lean ground beef0Dempster's Deluxe Hamburger Buns (12PK) 1EA$6.77 • Ea
1/2 cup plain dry bread crumbs0Aurora Bread Crumbs Italian Style 2.27KG$8.63 • Ea
1 egg, lightly beaten0Burnbrae Eggs Large White (30PK) 1EA$7.11 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Hunter Classic Roast Gravy Mix
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream0Sealtest Sour Cream 14% Regular (2PK) 1KG$4.40 • Ea
- Mushroom Mixture: Heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook onion with mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s) and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat, cool slightly and reserve 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of mixture.
- Combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg and larger portion of mushroom mixture in large bowl. Shape into rectangular loaf, about 2.5 cm on aluminum-foil lined baking sheet. Brush all sides of the loaf with remaining oil. Invert meatloaf onto pre-heated grill; remove foil. Cook over medium-high heat until well marked, about 4 minutes. Gently turn and cook an additional 4 minutes. Turn off burners directly under meatloaf, keeping other burners on low. Close grill cover and cook until meat reaches 160°F (70° C), turning or rotating meat loaf as necessary to brown evenly, about 10 minutes. Allow to stand 5 minutes.
- Prepare Knorr® Hunter Classic Roast Gravy Mix according to package directions, stirring in 2 Tbsp. (30mL) mushroom mixture and sour cream. Serve with meatloaf.
- TIP: Feel free to substitute 1 Tbsp. (15mL) Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon for the bouillon cube if that’s what you have on hand. The results will be delicious!
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron.