Grilled Souvlaki Chicken Skewers
Time & Servings
25 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
10 minutes cooking
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
2 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided0Lemons ~ 2KG$10.16 • Ea
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped0La Maison Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip 1.4L$7.90 • Ea
1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, divided0Danone Oikos Greek Yogurt 3% Variety Pack (24PK) 2.4KG$18.07 • Ea
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2.5 cm pieces0Kirkland Chicken Breast, Ham & Roast Beef Sliced (3PK) 900G$16.94 • Ea
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2.5 cm pieces0Peppers Long Sweet 907G$7.65 • Ea
1 medium onion, cut into 2.5 cm pieces0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$7.90 • Ea
1/2 tsp. dried dill, crushed
1/3 cup grated and seeded cucumber0Mini Cucumbers ~ 907G$6.77 • Ea
- Combine Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken with 15 mL lemon juice, 2/3 of the garlic, 15 mL oregano and 125 mL yogurt in small bowl.
- Alternately skewer* chicken, pepper and onion on skewers. Arrange skewers in glass baking dish, then drizzle with yogurt mixture; turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill or broil chicken and vegetables, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Serve with yogurt dipping sauce.
- TIP: Make your own Souvlaki Gyro: Fill a pita with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, diced red onion and grilled chicken pieces. Top with yogurt sauce.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and provides 1 serving of vegetables.