Grilled Souvlaki Chicken Skewers
Time & Servings
25 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
10 minutes cooking
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
2 Tbsp. lemon juice, divided0Lemons 1EA$1.12 • Ea
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped0Garlic (3PK)$1.46 • Ea
1 Tbsp. fresh oregano0Oregano 20G$2.61 • Ea
1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt, divided0Liberte Greek Yogurt 0% Blueberry 500G$5.64 • Ea
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2.5 cm pieces0Maple Lodge Chicken Breast Roasted Smoked 200G$4.63 • Ea
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 2.5 cm pieces0Compliments Paprika 145G$2.81 • Ea
1 medium onion, cut into 2.5 cm pieces0Onions Vidalia 1EA$1.83 • Ea
1/2 tsp. dried dill, crushed0Club House Spice Dill Weed Family Size 50G$9.03 • Ea
1/3 cup grated and seeded cucumber0Dill 20G$2.25 • Ea
- Combine Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken with 15 mL lemon juice, 2/3 of the garlic, 15 mL oregano and 125 mL yogurt in small bowl.
- Alternately skewer* chicken, pepper and onion on skewers. Arrange skewers in glass baking dish, then drizzle with yogurt mixture; turn to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining ingredients in small bowl. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Grill or broil chicken and vegetables, turning once, until chicken is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Serve with yogurt dipping sauce.
- TIP: Make your own Souvlaki Gyro: Fill a pita with shredded lettuce, sliced tomato, diced red onion and grilled chicken pieces. Top with yogurt sauce.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and provides 1 serving of vegetables.