Hearty Beef Chili
Time & Servings
35 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
20 minutes cooking
1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef0Lean Ground Beef Tube 454G$7.32 • Ea
1 small onion, finely chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.99 • Ea
1 medium red bell pepper or green bell pepper, chopped0Peppers Sweet Mini 454G$6.06 • Ea
1 clove garlic, finely chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.99 • Ea
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$4.84 • Ea
1/2 tsp. ground chipotle chili powder(or to taste)0Great Value Chili Powder Seasoning 150G$2.40 • Ea
1 can (28 fl. oz/796 mL) no-salt-added crushed tomatoes0Aylmer Diced Tomatoes 796ML$2.04 • Ea
1 can (540 mL) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained0Great Value Dark Red Kidney Beans No Salt Added 540ML$1.57 • Ea
- Cook ground beef, onion and red pepper in large saucepan, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef and chipotle chile pepper until Stock is melted.
- Stir in tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 15 minutes. Serve, if desired, with shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream and/or chopped cilantro.
- TIP: Throw together this chili recipe while making your dinner for Sunday night. Refrigerate and serve on a busy weeknight.
- Each serving of this chili is low in fat, very high in fibre, and a good source of vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.