Herbed Sirloin Roast & Vegetables
Time & Servings
1 hour 45 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
1 hour 30 minutes cooking
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Oil, divided
2 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s), divided and crumbled
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme and/or sage), divided
2 cloves garlic, chopped, divided0La Maison Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip 1.4L$8.28 • Ea
4 lbs. sirloin tip roast0Kirkland Beef Sirloin Tip Oven Roast ~ 3KG$37.92 • Ea
3 lbs. halved baby red new potatoes0Sweet Potatoes ~ 5LB$8.03 • Ea
4 medium carrots, sliced 1-inch (2.5 cm) thick0Sweet Baby Carrots ~ 1.5LB$6.70 • Ea
1 large onion, sliced0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$7.31 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C). Mix 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) Becel® Oil with 1 crumbled Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube and half the herbs and garlic in small cup. Rub over roast; place in roasting pan.
- Roast 20 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F (180°C) and roast an additional 1 hour or until meat reaches desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, about 20 minutes before roast will be done, combine remaining oil, Bouillon Cube, herbs and garlic in large bowl. Add potatoes, carrots and onion and toss to coat. Arrange on baking sheet. Roast, turning vegetables once, 30 minutes or until tender.
- When roast reaches desired doneness, remove from oven and let rest 15 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare Knorr® Brown Gravy Mix according to package directions, adding pan drippings. Serve with roast and vegetables.
- TIP: Try this with parsnips instead of carrots or even better, use 2 of each!
- Each serving of this dish provides 1½ servings of vegetables and is an excellent source of iron.