Home-Style Beef Stew
Time & Servings
1 hour 43 minutes ready time =
18 minutes preparation +
1 hour 25 minutes cooking
1 lb. (500 g) beef round steak, cut into cubes0Kirkland Beef Strip Loin Grilling Steak ~ 1.4KG$52.53 • Ea
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour0Creative Baker All Purpose Flour 20KG$14.62 • Ea
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$24.67 • Ea
2 medium (2 ) onions, coarsely chopped0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$7.55 • Ea
2 cloves (2 ) garlic, chopped0La Maison Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip 1.4L$7.55 • Ea
1 pot (1 ) Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef
2 cups (500 mL) hot water
2 tsp. (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
4 cups (1 L) baby red new potatoes0Sweet Potatoes ~ 5LB$7.11 • Ea
3 medium (3 ) carrots, cut into thick slices0Sweet Baby Carrots ~ 1.5LB$5.93 • Ea
- Toss beef with flour; set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium heat and brown beef. Remove beef from saucepot; set aside.
- Stir onions and garlic into same saucepot and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef, hot water, Worcestershire sauce and beef. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until beef is almost tender. Stir in potatoes and carrots and simmer an additional 40 minutes or until beef tender and vegetables are tender.
- Tip: This recipe also tastes great made with Beef Bovril. Simply substitute 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon for the Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef.
- Beef's iron is easier for your body to absorb than that found in plant sources, like tofu. Try this tonight to help give you and your family the energy needed to survive hectic weeknights.