Home-Style Beef Stew
Time & Servings
1 hour 43 minutes ready time =
18 minutes preparation +
1 hour 25 minutes cooking
1 lb. (500 g) beef round steak, cut into cubes0Your Fresh Market AAA Angus Beef Boneless Top Sirloin Steak (2-4PK) ~0.97KG$33.64 • Ea
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) all-purpose flour0Great Value Graham Cracker Pie Crust Ready To Eat 170G$2.40 • Ea
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) vegetable oil0Potatoes Foil-Wrapped Your Fresh Market (3PK)$3.62 • Ea
2 medium (2 ) onions, coarsely chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.99 • Ea
2 cloves (2 ) garlic, chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.99 • Ea
1 pot (1 ) Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$4.84 • Ea
2 cups (500 mL) hot water0evian® natural spring water bottle 1.5L$3.54 • Ea
2 tsp. (10 mL) Worcestershire sauce
4 cups (1 L) baby red new potatoes0Potatoes Foil-Wrapped Your Fresh Market (3PK)$3.62 • Ea
3 medium (3 ) carrots, cut into thick slices0Carrots 1 Bunch$3.01 • Ea
- Toss beef with flour; set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium heat and brown beef. Remove beef from saucepot; set aside.
- Stir onions and garlic into same saucepot and cook, stirring frequently, 4 minutes or until onions are tender. Stir in Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef, hot water, Worcestershire sauce and beef. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered, stirring occasionally, 40 minutes or until beef is almost tender. Stir in potatoes and carrots and simmer an additional 40 minutes or until beef tender and vegetables are tender.
- Tip: This recipe also tastes great made with Beef Bovril. Simply substitute 2 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon for the Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef.
- Beef's iron is easier for your body to absorb than that found in plant sources, like tofu. Try this tonight to help give you and your family the energy needed to survive hectic weeknights.