Honey Ginger Pork Stir Fry
Time & Servings
35 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
20 minutes cooking
2 sachets Red Rose® Orange Pekoe tea bags*0Red Rose Orange Pekoe Tea (300PK) 870G$9.83 • Ea
2 Tbsp. Knorr® Chicken Instant Stock Mix
1 cup uncooked rice**0Kirkland Traditional Basmati Rice 5KG$20.33 • Ea
1 lb. pork tenderloin, thinly sliced0Kirkland Souvlaki Marinated Pork Loin Centre & Rib ~ 2.2KG$18.11 • Ea
2 Tbsp. dark sesame oil, divided
3 cups thinly sliced assorted vegetables, (stemmed shiitake mushrooms, carrots and snow peas)0White Whole Organic Mushrooms ~ 1.5LB$6.55 • Ea
1 tsp. finely grated fresh ginger
1 Tbsp. honey0Kirkland Liquid Honey (2PK) 1.5KG$15.81 • Ea
1/4 cup peanuts, chopped0M&M's Milk Chocolate Peanuts Party Size 1.58KG$15.81 • Ea
- Bring 2 cups (500 mL) water to a boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat and add Tea Bags. Brew 4 minutes. Remove and squeeze bags. Add 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Knorr® Chicken Instant Stock Mix and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add rice and cook covered over low heat, until rice is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season pork with remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Instant Stock Mix. Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) sesame oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook pork, stirring occasionally, until done, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) oil in same skillet and cook vegetables, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ginger and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in honey and cook just until vegetables are coated, about 30 seconds.
- Spoon rice onto serving platter. Arrange pork on rice and top with vegetables. Sprinkle with peanuts. Garnish, if desired, with sliced green onions.
- Traditionally eaten during the Dragon Boat Festival, Zhongzi are glutinous rice pyramids wrapped in bamboo leaves. Zhongzi fillings vary regionally, but they are commonly stuffed with pork, mushrooms and peanuts.
*Salada Orange Pekoe tea bags in Quebec.
**Swap out the white rice for brown rice for the same delicious taste!
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of vitamin C and iron.