Individual Pasta Bakes with Garlic Crostini
Time & Servings
35 minutes ready time =
5 minutes preparation +
30 minutes cooking
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Tomato Alfredo Pasta Side Dish
1 cup skim milk0Sealtest Partly Skimmed Milk 2% 4L$4.85 • Ea
2 cloves garlic, divided0La Maison Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip 1.4L$7.90 • Ea
2 Tbsp. olive oil0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$25.81 • Ea
1 small onion, finely chopped0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$7.90 • Ea
4 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped0Pasta Romana Rosee Tomato & Cream Sauce (2PK) 1.2L$8.46 • Ea
2 zucchini, chopped0Extra Fancy Zucchini ~ 2LB$6.77 • Ea
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided0Saputo Deluxe Pizza Mozzarella Cheese Shredded 1KG$18.07 • Ea
8 slices baguette, thinly sliced0Kirkland Baguettes Artisan (2PK) 700G$5.07 • Ea
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cook Knorr® Sidekicks® Tomato Alfredo Pasta Side Dish according to package directions using skim milk instead of 2%.
- Meanwhile, mince 1 clove of garlic. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat and sauté minced garlic and onion for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Stir into the pasta.
- Brush four 1-cup (250 mL) ovenproof dishes with remaining oil. Divide pasta mixture evenly between the four cups. Top each with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the cheese and place on a baking sheet. Cut the remaining clove of garlic in half and rub on one side of each baguette slice. Place slices on the same baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until pasta is heated through and crostini are golden brown.
- Each pasta bake is an excellent source of calcium, and a good source of vitamin C, iron and fibre. *See nutrition information for sodium content.