Individual Pasta Bakes with Garlic Crostini
Time & Servings
35 minutes ready time =
5 minutes preparation +
30 minutes cooking
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Tomato Alfredo Pasta Side Dish0Knorr Sidekicks Pasta Tomato Alfredo 150G$1.66 • Ea
1 cup skim milk0Neilson Skim Milk 2L$4.71 • Ea
2 cloves garlic, divided0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.36 • Ea
2 Tbsp. olive oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$4.49 • Ea
1 small onion, finely chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.36 • Ea
4 Roma tomatoes, finely chopped0Tomato Roma 1EA$0.87 • Ea
2 zucchini, chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves0Fresh Basil$3.36 • Bun
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided0Great Value Pizza Mozzarella Cheese 450G$6.52 • Ea
8 slices baguette, thinly sliced0Boulangerie Grissol Garlic Baguettes Bites 130G$3.36 • Ea
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cook Knorr® Sidekicks® Tomato Alfredo Pasta Side Dish according to package directions using skim milk instead of 2%.
- Meanwhile, mince 1 clove of garlic. In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil over medium heat and sauté minced garlic and onion for 5 minutes. Add tomatoes and zucchini and sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in basil. Stir into the pasta.
- Brush four 1-cup (250 mL) ovenproof dishes with remaining oil. Divide pasta mixture evenly between the four cups. Top each with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the cheese and place on a baking sheet. Cut the remaining clove of garlic in half and rub on one side of each baguette slice. Place slices on the same baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until pasta is heated through and crostini are golden brown.
- Each pasta bake is an excellent source of calcium, and a good source of vitamin C, iron and fibre. *See nutrition information for sodium content.