Irish Steak & Ale Stew
Time & Servings
2 hours 40 minutes ready time =
20 minutes preparation +
2 hours 20 minutes cooking
3 slices reduced sodium bacon, chopped0Great Value Naturally Smoked Bacon 375G$4.23 • Ea
3 lbs. beef stew meat, cut into bite-size pieces0Your Fresh Market AAA Angus Beef Boneless Stewing Beef 1EA$12.44 • Ea
1/4 cup all-purpose flour0Great Value Graham Cracker Pie Crust Ready To Eat 170G$2.40 • Ea
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper0Aylmer Accents Cracked Black Pepper & Roasted Garlic Stewed Tomatoes 540ML$2.04 • Ea
12 ounces dark-style beer0Bull's-Eye Guinness Beer Blend GGQ Sauce, 425ml$3.87 • Ea
3 large carrots, sliced0Carrots 1 Bunch$3.01 • Ea
2 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon
- Preheat oven to 350°F ( 180° C ). Toss beef with flour and black pepper in large bowl to coat; set aside.
- Cook bacon in large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 5 minutes. Stir in beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned, about 10 minutes. Stir in carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. Stir in beer and Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Beef Bouillon, scraping up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to boil over high heat.
- Turn into 3-quart (3 L ) casserole or Dutch oven. Bake covered until beef is tender, about 2 hours.
- TIP: Add ½ cup each of chopped onion, celery and diced tomatoes for a heartier stew.
- Each serving of this stew is an excellent source of iron and provides ½ serving of vegetables. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.