Time & Servings
40 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
25 minutes cooking
1 lb. (450 g) boneless leg of lamb , cut into bite-size pieces0ONE Smartblend Adult Lamb Rice 2.7KG$14.44 • Ea
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) curry powder, divided0Compliments Curry Powder 130G$2.47 • Ea
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$3.99 • Ea
1 lb. (450 g) all-purpose potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch (2 cm) pieces0Potatoes Sweet 1EA$2.96 • Ea
1 onion, chopped0Onions Vidalia 1EA$1.60 • Ea
1 tsp. ground cardamom
2 cups no salt added tomato sauce0Hunts Tomato Sauce 680ML$2.91 • Ea
1/2 cup 10% half and half cream0Natrel Half & Half 10% Cream 1L$3.66 • Ea
1 cup frozen peas0Green Organic Peas Frozen 500G$4.31 • Ea
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable
- Season lamb with 1 tablespoon (15 mL) curry powder. Heat 1 tablespoon (15 mL) Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook lamb, stirring occasionally, until lamb is browned and cooked to desired doneness, about 2 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons (30 mL) Oil in same skillet and cook potatoes, onion, remaining 1 tablespoon (15 mL) curry powder and cardamom, stirring frequently, until potatoes are browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in 1 cup (250 mL) water and cook covered, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, half and half cream, peas and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable and cook covered, until sauce thickens slightly, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in lamb. Serve, if desired, with warm naan and garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh cilantro.
- TIP: Adjust this mild curry dish to your desired level of spiciness by adding your favourite chiles, ground cayenne pepper or hot sauce.
- TIP: For an authentic curry, substitute Indian Buffalo yogurt for the half and half cream.
Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of fibre, vitamin C and iron.