Maple-Balsamic Salmon with Roast Potato & Arugula Salad
Time & Servings
50 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
35 minutes cooking
1 sachet Knorr® Chicken or Beef Bouillon
3 Tbsp. olive oil0Italissima Olive Oil Extra Virgin 1L$11.16 • Ea
1 lb. baby red new potatoes, cut into small cubes0Potato Russet 5LB$2.92 • Bag
2 large shallots or 1 small onion, sliced0Onion Red 1EA$1.08 • Ea
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or pancake syrup0Dan-D Pak Cashews Maple Syrup 100G$2.26 • Ea
1 lb. salmon fillet, cut into 4 strips0Salmon Sockeye Fillet No Skin ~1.9LBS$21.42 • Ea
6 cups baby arugala or spinach0Fresh Express Spinach 227G$3.03 • Ea
2 cups shredded red cabbage0Cabbage Green 1EA$5.27 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200ºC). Arrange two oven racks to accomodate two baking sheets. Combine Knorr® Chicken or Beef Bouillon with olive oil in small bowl . Arrange potatoes and shallots on baking sheet, then toss with ½ of the oil mixture. Roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar with maple syrup in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; cool.
- Arrange salmon fillets on second baking sheet. Brush salmon with ½ of the vinegar mixture. Stir potatoes and onions. Roast salmon 12 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork and potatoes are tender.
- Combine remaining oil with remaining vinegar mixtures.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with arugula and cabbage. Top with potatoes, then salmon.
- Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of fibre and iron.