Maple-Balsamic Salmon with Roast Potato & Arugula Salad
Time & Servings
50 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
35 minutes cooking
1 sachet Knorr® Chicken or Beef Bouillon
3 Tbsp. olive oil0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$27.86 • Ea
1 lb. baby red new potatoes, cut into small cubes0Sweet Potatoes ~ 5LB$7.31 • Ea
2 large shallots or 1 small onion, sliced0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$9.75 • Ea
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar0Kirkland Balsamic Vinegar 1L$18.29 • Ea
2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or pancake syrup0Kirkland Maple Syrup 1L$15.85 • Ea
1 lb. salmon fillet, cut into 4 strips0Kirkland Signature Salmon Fillets Raised Without Antibiotics (Farmed)$42.16 • kg
6 cups baby arugala or spinach0Fresh Spinach 454G$4.01 • Ea
2 cups shredded red cabbage
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200ºC). Arrange two oven racks to accomodate two baking sheets. Combine Knorr® Chicken or Beef Bouillon with olive oil in small bowl . Arrange potatoes and shallots on baking sheet, then toss with ½ of the oil mixture. Roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine vinegar with maple syrup in small saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; cool.
- Arrange salmon fillets on second baking sheet. Brush salmon with ½ of the vinegar mixture. Stir potatoes and onions. Roast salmon 12 minutes or until salmon flakes with a fork and potatoes are tender.
- Combine remaining oil with remaining vinegar mixtures.
- Just before serving, toss dressing with arugula and cabbage. Top with potatoes, then salmon.
- Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of vitamin C and a good source of fibre and iron.