Moroccan Baked Eggs with Marcangelo Lamb Spiedini
Time & Servings
30 min ready time =
30 min cooking
1 tbsp olive oil 5186
1 onion, chopped 5187
1/2 tsp each ground coriander and ground cumin 5188
8 Marcangelo Lamb Spiedini (or 3 Marcangelo Feta and Spinach Gourmet Smoked Chicken Sausages, sliced) 5189
4 ripe tomatoes, chopped 5190
1 cup chopped sweet red or green pepper 5191
2 tbsp chopped fresh coriander 5192
1/2 tsp salt 5193
1/4 tsp pepper 5194
4 large eggs 5195
4 slices grilled or toasted bread 5196
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Remove Marcangelo lamb spiedini from skewers.
- Heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet set over medium heat. Add onion, coriander, cumin and Marcangelo lamb spiedini. Cook, stirring and adding 2 tablespoons of water if the pan is getting too dry, until lamb is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, sweet pepper, coriander and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat
- Using a wooden spoon, push aside tomato mixture to make 4 holes in mixture. Crack eggs into craters. Bake in center of preheated oven until whites are set but yolks remain a bit runny, about 10 minutes.
- Scoop one egg and some of tomato- lamb mixture onto grilled bread on plate. Sprinkle with addition chopped fresh coriander.