One Pot Chinese Longevity Soup
Time & Servings
35 minutes ready time =
20 minutes preparation +
15 minutes cooking
1 lb. (450 g) pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips0Pork Loin Centre Chops 4 Pieces ~500G$6.70 • Ea
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Oil, divided0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$3.99 • Ea
1 1/2 tsp. (7 mL) finely grated ginger0Club House Tin Ground Ginger 32G$3.01 • Ea
1 large clove garlic, chopped0Garlic (3PK)$3.19 • Ea
2 cartons (900 mL. ea.) Knorr® Chicken Broth0Knorr Soup Mix Chicken Noodle 71G$1.89 • Ea
6 baby bok choy (about 1-1/2 lbs./1.25 kg.), thinly sliced, stems and leaves separated0Baby Shanghai Bok Choy (1PK)$2.64 • Ea
2 packages (114 g. ea.) shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced0Compliments Mushrooms Whole Mini Bella 227G$2.49 • Ea
3 carrots, sliced0Carrots 3LB$3.77 • Bun
6 ounces uncooked rice noodles*0Beatrice Milk 4L 2%$5.31 • Ea
- Season tenderloin, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) oil in 6-qt (6L) pot over high heat and cook tenderloin, in batches if necessary, stirring occasionally, until almost done, about 3 minutes; remove and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 Tbsp (15 mL) oil in same pot over medium-low heat and cook ginger and garlic, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add Knorr® Chicken Broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add bok choy stems, mushrooms and carrots and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook uncovered 4 minutes. Add noodles, being careful not to break them. Cook until noodles and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in tenderloin and bok choy leaves and cook 1 minute or until leaves are wilted and tenderloin is done. Serve, if desired, with bean sprouts, cilantro leaves, sliced scallions, soy sauce and hot sauce.
- *When served during Chinese New Year, noodles shouldn't be cut or broken into pieces because long noodles represent a nice long life.
- Each serving of this soup is low in fat and a source of calcium and iron.
*See nutrition information for sodium content.