Parma-Rosa® Mussels & Linguine
Time & Servings
45 minutes ready time =
20 minutes preparation +
25 minutes cooking
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) extra virgin olive oil0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$25.81 • Ea
2 large sweet onion, chopped0Mayan Sweet Onions ~ 5LB$6.77 • Ea
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped0La Maison Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip 1.4L$7.90 • Ea
1 cup white wine
2 cups Knorr® Chicken Broth with 25% Less Salt
1 package Knorr® Parma-Rosa® Pasta Sauce Mix
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes0Fontaine Sante Hummus Cocktail Roasted Red Pepper (2PK) 964G$7.33 • Ea
3 dozen mussels, well scrubbed0Canadian Cove Organic Live Blue Mussels Farmed ~ 2.72KG$14.68 • Ea
2 Tbsp. fresh parsley leaves, finely chopped
12 ounces spaghetti or linguine0Griss Pasta Giardino Spaghetti 4KG$9.03 • Ea
- Heat oil in large saucepot over medium-high heat and cook onion, stirring occasionally, 6 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in garlic and cook 30 seconds. Stir in white wine and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 2 minutes.
- Stir in Knorr® Chicken Broth with 25% Less Salt, Knorr® Parma-Rosa® Pasta Sauce Mix and red pepper flakes. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes.
- Stir in mussels and simmer covered until mussels open, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve over hot linguine.
- Pair each serving of this dish with 1 cup of steamed asparagus for more veggies.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat, a source of fibre, and an excellent source of iron. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.