Pasta Fagioli with Marcangelo Gourmet Smoked Sausages and Kale
Time & Servings
50 min ready time =
50 min cooking
1 tbsp olive oil 5747
1 pkg (375g) Marcangelo Mozzarella and Red Pepper Gourmet Smoked Chicken Sausages 5748
1 onion, chopped 5749
4 cloves garlic, minced 5750
2 celery ribs, chopped 5751
1 large carrot, chopped 5752
1 tsp dried basil 5753
1/4 tsp hot pepper flakes 5754
1 can (28 oz.796 mL) whole tomatoes, pureed 5755
3 cups vegetable or chicken stock 5756
1 can (19 oz/540 mL) white kidney beans, drained and rinsed 5757
1 cup ditali pasta 5758
2 cups shredded kale or spinach 5759
- Heat half of oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven set over medium-high heat. Add Marcangelo sausage; stirring, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove meat to a plate or bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining oil. Add onion, garlic, celery, carrot, basil and hot pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the pureed tomatoes and stock. Return meat to the saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Stir in beans and ditali. Simmer until ditali is al dente, tender but firm, about 10 minutes. Stir in kale until wilted, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
• Puree the can of tomatoes using the steel blade of your food processor or mash them coarsely with a potato masher.
• Serve with grated or sliced Parmesan.
• This soup thickens as it sits so if you will have to add more broth the next day for any leftovers.