Pork Chops with Sweet Potato & Black Bean Rice
Time & Servings
55 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
40 minutes cooking
4 boneless centre-cut pork chops, (about 450g.), trimmed of fat0Maple Leaf Pork Boneless Loin Centre & Rib Chops 900G$14.19 • Ea
2 Tbsp. olive oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 907G$4.49 • Ea
1 large onion, thinly sliced0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.36 • Ea
1 large sweet potato or yam, peeled and cubed0Sweet Potato Purple 1EA$6.72 • Ea
3 1/2 cups water0Evian 1.5L$2.79 • Ea
1 cup uncooked long grain rice0Hans Dairy Kheer Rice Pudding 725G$4.26 • Ea
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
1 can (540 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained0Great Value Black Turtle Beans 540ML$1.13 • Ea
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Season chops, if desired, with salt and ground black pepper. Heat 15 mL olive oil in deep large nonstick skillet over high heat and brown chops. Remove chops and set aside.
- Heat remaining 15 mL olive oil in same skillet over medium-high heat and cook onion with sweet potato, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Stir in water, rice and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered 15 minutes.
- Stir in beans and cilantro, then top with chops. Cover and cook until chops are done and rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
- Tip: Out of Knorr® Homestyle Stock? Substitute 875mL of Knorr® Chicken Broth® for the Knorr® Homestyle Stock and water in the recipe.
- Each serving of this dish is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and iron.