Prosciutto, Lettuce and Tomato Sandwiches with Lemon Basil Mayonnaise
Time & Servings
15 min ready time =
15 min cooking
LEMON BASIL MAYONNAISE: 5484
1/3 cup mayonnaise 54850Hellmann's Mayonnaise Real 1.8L$7.31 • Ea
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil 5486
1 tsp grated lemon zest 54870Lemons ~2KGS$10.97 • Ea
1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice 5488
1tsp Dijon mustard 54890Maille Dijon Originale Mustard 800ML$6.94 • Ea
1 pkg (100g) Marcangelo Prosciutto 5490
8 slices country bread, toasted 54910Villaggio Original Thick Sliced Italian Style Bread White (2PK) 1.35KG$5.60 • Ea
8 tomato slices 54920Tomatoes on the Vine ~ 3LB$7.92 • Ea
Pinch each salt and pepper 5493
8 lettuce leaves 54940Naked Leaf Boston Lettuce 2EA$4.87 • Ea
- Preheat oven to broil setting.
- Lemon Basil Mayonnaise: Stir together mayonnaise, basil, lemon zest and juice and mustard until combined.
- Arrange Marcangelo prosciutto in single layer on aluminum foiled lined rimmed baking sheet. Broil, 6-inches from broiler and turning once, until slightly crisp, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Spread mayonnaise evenly over all 8 slices of bread. Arrange 2 tomato slices on each of 4 bread slices. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Layer lettuce over and then prosciutto. Top with remaining bread slices.
• For an added layer of creaminess, place slices of ripe avocado on top of lettuce.
• Rub a cut clove of garlic over the toasted bread for extra flavour.
• This is also incredibly delicious with Marcangelo Coppa or Speck.
• Regular leaf lettuce can easily be substituted with arugula, kale, or even radicchio.