Pub Style Chicken Curry
Time & Servings
30 minutes ready time =
5 minutes preparation +
25 minutes cooking
3 Tbsp. Becel® Oil0Becel Margarine With Olive Oil 454G$4.26 • Ea
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Janes Chicken Breast Fillets 1KG$18.29 • Ea
1 medium onion, finely chopped0Onion Yellow Cooking 10LB$9.75 • Ea
5 tsp. curry powder0Simply Organic Seasoning Curry Powder 85G$13.41 • Ea
1 1/4 cups water0evian® natural spring water 1.5L Bottle$4.14 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish
3/4 cup applesauce0Apple Macintosh 4LB$7.31 • Bag
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed0Cedar Frozen Peas Green 1.75G$3.66 • Ea
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned; set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet and cook 8 minutes or until golden. Stir in curry powder and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water, gravy mix from Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish and applesauce. Add chicken and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile prepare Mashed Potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir peas into skillet and heat through. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- TIP: Serve with a veggie-filled side salad for a balanced meal. Each serving of this dish is a good source of fibre, and a source of calcium, iron.