Pub Style Chicken Curry
Time & Servings
30 minutes ready time =
5 minutes preparation +
25 minutes cooking
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) Becel® Oil
1 lb. (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces0Kirkland Chicken Breast, Ham & Roast Beef Sliced (3PK) 900G$16.19 • Ea
1 medium onion, finely chopped0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$7.55 • Ea
5 tsp. curry powder
1 1/4 cups water
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish
3/4 cup applesauce0Gala Apples ~ 6LB$10.79 • Ea
1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed0Family Tradition Organic Peas Frozen 2.5KG$10.79 • Ea
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken until browned; set aside.
- Add onion to same skillet and cook 8 minutes or until golden. Stir in curry powder and cook 30 seconds. Stir in water, gravy mix from Knorr® Sidekicks® Mashed Potatoes with Chicken Gravy Side Dish and applesauce. Add chicken and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile prepare Mashed Potatoes according to package directions.
- Stir peas into skillet and heat through. Serve with mashed potatoes.
- TIP: Serve with a veggie-filled side salad for a balanced meal. Each serving of this dish is a good source of fibre, and a source of calcium, iron.