Roasted Vegetable Quinoa Salad
Time & Servings
40 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
25 minutes cooking
2 Tbsp. (30 mL) Becel® Oil0Becel Margarine Olive Oil 454G$4.17 • Ea
2 tsp. (10 mL) curry powder0Compliments Curry Powder 130G$2.81 • Ea
4 cups (1 L) chopped assorted vegetables, (such as beets, sweet potatoes, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms)0Mushroom White Whole 227g$2.81 • Ea
1 can (540 mL) chick peas, rinsed and drained0Unico Chick Peas No Salt Added 540ML$2.81 • Ea
2 cups quinoa0Gogo Quinoa Spaghetti 227G$4.02 • Ea
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken
2 Tbsp. orange juice0Compliments Juice Orange (10PK) 200ML$5.98 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Combine Becel® Oil and curry powder in large bowl; add vegetables and chick peas and toss to mix and coat. Spread evenly on baking sheet. Season if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Bake 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare quinoa according to package directions, adding Knorr® Homestyle Stock Reduced Sodium Chicken to cooking water.
- Toss vegetables with cooked quinoa; stir in orange juice and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Tasty Tips: Toss with some chopped fresh cilantro or mint. Try using other whole grains such as wheat berry or bulgur in place of quinoa.
- Each serving of this salad is low in fat, high in fibre, and an excellent source of vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.