Rosemary Leg of Lamb with Red Wine Sauce
Time & Servings
1 hour 50 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
1 hour 40 minutes cooking
1 small bunch fresh rosemary
8 cloves garlic, halved0La Maison Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip 1.4L$7.90 • Ea
1 onion, sliced0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$7.90 • Ea
6 lbs. bone-in leg of lamb0Kirkland Australian Lamb Loin Chops ~ 1KG$24.28 • Ea
1 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Chicken Bouillon
1 cup red wine0Red Rose Orange Pekoe Tea (300PK) 870G$9.83 • Ea
2 tsp. all-purpose flour0Creative Baker All Purpose Flour 20KG$15.30 • Ea
2 Tbsp. water
- Preheat oven to 425° F (220° C). Break off eight 1-in (2.5 cm) pieces from rosemary sprigs; set aside. Set aside 8 garlic halves. Arrange onion, remaining rosemary and garlic in roasting pan, then top with lamb fat side up. Make eight 1-in (2.5 cm) deep cuts in lamb; stuff cuts with reserved garlic and rosemary. Season lamb with black pepper and rub with Knorr® Bovril® Liquid Chicken Bouillon. Roast 30 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350° F (180° C) and roast an additional 1 hour 10 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 145°F (63°C) for medium rare. Remove lamb to serving platter and keep warm.
- Remove rosemary sprigs from pan and discard. Skim fat from pan drippings. Add wine and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until reduced slightly. Strain and return to pan. Combine flour and water in small cup; stir into pan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve gravy with sliced lamb.
- Tip: Pair each serving of this dish with healthy sides such as 1 cup of crisp green beans and 1 cup of roasted new potatoes.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron. *See Nutrition Information for saturated fat content.