Sandi Richard’s Yummy Chicken Mac’N Cheese
Time & Servings
30 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
20 minutes cooking
2 1/4 cups 1% milk0Natrel Lactose Free Partly Skimmed Milk 2% 2L$5.60 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Sidekicks® Chicken Pasta Side Dish
2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken0Harvest Creek Chicken Nuggets Uncooked Breaded Cutlets 2KG$18.29 • Ea
2 ribs celery
1 cup frozen baby peas0Family Tradition Organic Peas Frozen 2.5KG$12.19 • Ea
1/4 cup fine bread crumbs0Aurora Bread Crumbs Italian Style 2.27KG$9.32 • Ea
1/2 cup cheddar cheese , shredded0Kirkland Double Cheddar Shredded Cheese (2PK) 1.25KG$20.73 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Prepare Knorr® Sidekicks® Chicken Pasta Side Dish according to package directions, but using 550 ml 1% milk instead of the 500 ml water. Cook for only 4 minutes instead of 7 (pasta will finish cooking in the oven). Add fresh pepper, to taste.
- Dice cooked chicken. Layer onto the bottom of an oven-safe casserole dish (approx. 20 cm x 20 cm). Finely cut celery and scatter evenly over chicken. Scatter peas evenly over celery and chicken. Pour the prepared Sidekicks® evenly over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle bread crumbs, then cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 15 minutes uncovered (or until cheese begins to bubble and brown slightly). Serve with salad for a balanced dinner.
- Use reduced-fat cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese in place of regular varieties.
- Each serving of this pasta is a good source of calcium and a source of fibre and iron. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.