Sautéed Chicken Breast with Creamed Corn & Edamame
Time & Servings
35 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
20 minutes cooking
2 slices reduced sodium bacon, chopped0Piller's Back Bacon Cornmeal Coated Fully Cooked ~ 1KG$16.68 • Ea
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, (about 1 1/4 lb./ 560 g), cut into bite-size pieces0Kirkland Chicken Breast, Ham & Roast Beef Sliced (3PK) 900G$16.94 • Ea
1 1/2 cups shelled edamame0Nature's Classic Organic Edamame Frozen 2.4KG$13.12 • Ea
1 package Knorr® Creamy Garlic Pasta Sauce Mix
2 ears corn, kernels removed
- Cook bacon in large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until crisp, about 4 minutes. Remove bacon and dippings, leaving 1 tablespoon (15 mL) drippings in skillet.
- Season chicken, if desired, with salt and pepper. Heat same skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked, about 5 minutes; remove chicken and set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 mL) water and edamame to skillet and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook covered until edamame are tender, about 5 minutes. Combine Knorr® Creamy Garlic Pasta Sauce Mix with 1-1/2 cups (375 mL) milk, then stir into skillet. Add corn and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken over creamed corn. Sprinkle with bacon and garnish, if desired, with chopped fresh basil.
- Look for sodium-reduced bacon at the grocery store. You won’t even notice the difference!
Each serving of this dish is a source of fibre.
See nutrition information for sodium content.