Savoury Meatball Stew
Time & Servings
25 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
15 minutes cooking
1 package Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix
1 lb. lean ground beef0Dempster's Deluxe Hamburger Buns (12PK) 1EA$6.47 • Ea
1/4 cup all-purpose flour0Creative Baker All Purpose Flour 20KG$14.62 • Ea
1 Tbsp. Becel® Oil
2 cups water
1 Tbsp. Knorr® Bovril® 25% Less Salt Liquid Beef Bouillon
8 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained0Burnbrae Eggs Large White (30PK) 1EA$6.79 • Ea
- Combine Knorr® Recipe Onion Soup Mix and 1/4 cup (60 mL) water in medium bowl. Add ground beef and combine. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook flour in small saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly, until browned, about 5 minutes. (Flour should smell very slightly burnt.) Set aside.
- Shape beef mixture into 16 meatballs. Heat Oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown meatballs, turning to brown all sides, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup (60 mL) water; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, shaking pan occasionally, until meatballs are done, about 5 minutes. Remove meatballs and set aside.
- Bring the 2 cups (500 mL) water to a boil in same skillet. Gradually whisk in browned flour until well blended. Return to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in meatballs. Serve over hot noodles and serve, if desired, with steamed carrots.
- Each serving of this dish is an excellent source of iron.
Serve this dish with a crisp green salad or steamed green beans.