Time & Servings
55 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
45 minutes cooking
1 lb. (500 g) ground beef0Kicking Horse Coffee Organic 454 Horse Power Ground Coffee ~ 284 g$17.05 • Ea
1 medium onion, finely chopped0Pink Onion ~ 3 lb$2.90 • Ea
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced0Carrot Bunch 1EA$2.90 • Ea
1/2 cup water0Evian Natural Spring Water ~ 1.5 l$3.46 • Ea
2 Tbsp. ketchup0Heinz Organic Ketchup ~ 750 ml$7.58 • Ea
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce0Lea Perrin Worcestershire Sauce ~ 568 ml$7.01 • Ea
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$5.87 • Ea
1 cup creamed corn0Del Monte Cream Style Corn ~ 398 ml$2.19 • Ea
3 cups hot mashed potatoes0White Potato 1EA$1.11 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Brown ground beef, onion and carrot in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Stir in water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Turn beef mixture into a large deep-dish pie plate, then evenly top with corn and potatoes. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Pot pies can easily be made into single portion mini-pot pies. Divide the recipe into smaller individual ramekins and bake.
- Each serving of this dish provides 3 servings of vegetables and is a good source of fibre and iron.