Time & Servings
1 hour 10 minutes ready time =
20 minutes preparation +
50 minutes cooking
1 lb. (450 g) extra lean ground beef or ground lamb0Wonder Buns Hamburger Whole Wheat 8EA$4.01 • Ea
1 onion, chopped0Onion Yellow Cooking 10LB$9.75 • Ea
1 stalk celery, chopped0Celery Stalks Organic 1EA$4.26 • Ea
1 large carrot, chopped0Zoglo's Crispy Sticks Carrot & Sweet Potato 280G$7.31 • Ea
1 clove garlic, crushed0Garlic Red 1EA$1.89 • Ea
1 1/2 lbs. potatoes0Europe's Best Sweet Potatoes Fire Roasted 400G$5.72 • Ea
1/4 cup Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise0Hellmann's Mayonnaise Real 890ML$7.31 • Ea
2 Tbsp. milk0Natrel Milk Chocolate 1200ML$7.67 • Ea
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour0Casa Mendoza 7-Inch Flour Tortillas 340G$4.99 • Ea
1 Tbsp. tomato paste0Hunt's Tomato Paste 369ML$2.79 • Ea
1 1/2 cups water0evian® natural spring water 1.5L Bottle$4.14 • Ea
1/2 tub Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef0Knorr Stock Homestyle Beef (4PK) 132G$4.87 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Brown ground beef in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Stir in onion, celery, carrot and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Cover potatoes with water in 2-quart saucepot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Return potatoes to saucepot, then add Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise and milk. Mash potatoes until smooth and creamy. Season, if desired, with ground black pepper and set aside.
- Stir flour into ground beef mixture and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, 2 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Spoon ground beef mixture into 2-quart (2 L) shallow baking dish, then top with mashed potatoes. Broil until lightly golden, about 1 minute. Sprinkle, if desired, with chopped parsley.
- See nutritional information for sodium content.