Time & Servings
55 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
45 minutes cooking
1 lb. (500 g) ground beef0Dempster's Deluxe Hamburger Buns (12PK) 1EA$7.31 • Ea
1 medium onion, finely chopped0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$9.75 • Ea
1 medium carrot, thinly sliced0Sweet Baby Carrots ~ 1.5LB$6.70 • Ea
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. ketchup0Heinz Tomato Ketchup 2.84L$7.08 • Ea
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef
1 cup creamed corn
3 cups hot mashed potatoes0Sweet Potatoes ~ 5LB$7.31 • Ea
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Brown ground beef, onion and carrot in large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Stir in water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Beef. Cook, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes. Season, if desired, with salt and pepper.
- Turn beef mixture into a large deep-dish pie plate, then evenly top with corn and potatoes. Bake 30 minutes or until bubbling.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Pot pies can easily be made into single portion mini-pot pies. Divide the recipe into smaller individual ramekins and bake.
- Each serving of this dish provides 3 servings of vegetables and is a good source of fibre and iron.