Simple Quinoa Salad
Time & Servings
30 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
20 minutes cooking
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) water
1 pot Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained0Gogo Quinoa Macaroni Red & White Quinoa Organic Gluten Free 1KG$11.18 • Ea
5 Tbsp. olive oil0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$25.81 • Ea
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice0Lemons ~ 2KG$10.16 • Ea
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved0Sweet Grape Tomatoes ~ 2LB$7.90 • Ea
1/2 English cucumber, cut into 1/4-inch (6mm) cubes0Mini Cucumbers ~ 907G$6.77 • Ea
2 Tbsp. chopped basil leaves
- Bring water and Knorr® Homestyle Stock Vegetable to a boil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add quinoa and return to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered until tender, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes.
- Spread quinoa on rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate until cool.
- Combine olive oil and lemon juice with whisk in large bowl. Add cooled quinoa, tomatoes and cucumber; toss. Serve, or cover and chill up to 4 hours. Stir in basil just before serving.
- TIP: For a nice twist, stir in sliced green onions and diced avocado.
- TIP: Try using Knorr® Homestyle Stock- Chicken and adding 2 cups sliced cooked chicken.