Slow Cooker Beef Short Ribs
Time & Servings
8 hours 15 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
8 hours cooking
4 lbs. beef short ribs, trimmed of fat0Dempster's Deluxe Hamburger Buns (12PK) 1EA$6.77 • Ea
1 large onion, sliced0Yellow Onions ~ 10LB$7.90 • Ea
5 large carrots, cut into 2-in (5 cm) pieces0Sweet Baby Carrots ~ 1.5LB$6.20 • Ea
2 cloves garlic, chopped0La Maison Fresh Garlic Caesar Dressing & Dip 1.4L$7.90 • Ea
1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
1 package Knorr® Brown Classic Roast Gravy Mix
1 cup PLUS 2 Tbsp (30 mL) water, divided
2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour0Creative Baker All Purpose Flour 20KG$15.30 • Ea
- Brown short ribs in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove and place in slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, garlic and thyme.
- Drain fat from skillet. Add 1 cup water and Knorr® Brown Classic Roast Gravy Mix, stirring well and scraping brown bits from bottom of skillet. Pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours or until short ribs are tender. Remove short ribs and vegetables to serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- If desired, remove excess fat from slow cooker. Thicken gravy by stirring flour with remaining 2 tablespoons water in small bowl. Add to slow cooker and cook on HIGH until thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve with short ribs and vegetables.
- TIP: If desired, replace 1/3 cup water with dry red wine. A sprinkle of chopped fresh parsley adds a nice touch to the finished dish.
- Each serving of this dish is a good source of iron and is a source of fibre and vitamin C.