Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew
Time & Servings
7 hours 10 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
7 hours cooking
1 1/2 lbs. (750 g) beef stew meat, cut into cubes0Puritan Beef Stew ~ 410 g$2.54 • Ea
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) all-purpose flour0Arz Mesghal Floured Rice Pudding ~ 200 g$3.65 • Ea
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) vegetable oil0Unico Vegetable Oil ~ 3 l$8.15 • Ea
1 cup (250 mL) pearl onions, peeled0Pearl Onion ~ 8.82 oz$2.68 • Ea
4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into quarters0Sweet Potatoes Jamaican 1EA$3.45 • Ea
4 medium carrots, cut into 5 cm chunks0Carrot Bunch 1EA$2.68 • Ea
2 cups Knorr® Beef Broth0Knorr Bovril Bouillon Sachets Beef (16PK) 80G$3.79 • Ea
2 cups dark beer or stout0O'Doul's De-alcoholized Beer Premium Cans ~ 4260 ml$19.14 • Ea
1 cup Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard0Maille Mustard Dijon Squeeze ~ 250 ml$4.90 • Ea
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce0No Name Worcestershire Sauce ~ 291 ml$3.40 • Ea
2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves0President's Choice Fresh Thyme ~ 40 g$2.68 • Ea
- Toss beef in flour to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef in batches. Add beef to a large slow cooker. Top with onions, potatoes and carrots.
- Combine Knorr® Beef Broth, beer, Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Pour over beef and vegetables. Add thyme.
- Cook covered on LOW 7 to 9 hours or HIGH 4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Serve with crusty rolls and enjoy!
- If you don't want to use a dark beer, replace it by more beef broth.
- Each serving of this stew is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.