Slow Cooker Irish Beef Stew
Time & Servings
7 hours 10 minutes ready time =
10 minutes preparation +
7 hours cooking
1 1/2 lbs. (750 g) beef stew meat, cut into cubes0Kirkland Stewing Beef ~ 1.8KG$31.64 • Ea
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) all-purpose flour0Creative Baker All Purpose Flour 20KG$14.62 • Ea
3 Tbsp. (45 mL) vegetable oil0Kirkland Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2L$24.67 • Ea
1 cup (250 mL) pearl onions, peeled
4 medium all-purpose potatoes, cut into quarters0Sweet Potatoes ~ 5LB$7.11 • Ea
4 medium carrots, cut into 5 cm chunks0Sweet Baby Carrots ~ 1.5LB$5.93 • Ea
2 cups Knorr® Beef Broth
2 cups dark beer or stout0Budweiser Prohibition Brew Non Alcoholic Beer (24PK) 8.5L$25.08 • Ea
1 cup Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard0Maille Dijon Originale Mustard 800ML$6.15 • Ea
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- Toss beef in flour to coat. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef in batches. Add beef to a large slow cooker. Top with onions, potatoes and carrots.
- Combine Knorr® Beef Broth, beer, Knorr® Onion Dry Soup Mix, Dijon and Worcestershire sauce in large bowl. Pour over beef and vegetables. Add thyme.
- Cook covered on LOW 7 to 9 hours or HIGH 4 hours or until beef is fork-tender. Serve with crusty rolls and enjoy!
- If you don't want to use a dark beer, replace it by more beef broth.
- Each serving of this stew is low in fat and an excellent source of fibre and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.