Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Burritos
Time & Servings
4 hours 15 minutes ready time =
15 minutes preparation +
4 hours cooking
1 Tbsp. (15 mL) vegetable oil0Potatoes Foil-Wrapped Your Fresh Market (3PK)$3.36 • Ea
2 lbs. (1 kg) boneless beef brisket or flank steak, trimmed0Steakhouse Select Seasoned Beef Sirloin Roast 1.30KG$15.82 • Ea
2 medium green bell peppers, chopped0Peppers Sweet Mini 454G$4.49 • Ea
1 jar (640 mL.) pasta sauce0Ragú OriginalOld World Style Pasta Sauce 640ML$1.89 • Ea
1 Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s)0Knorr Bouillon Cubes Beef 63G$2.23 • Ea
3 cloves garlic, chopped0Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Fresh Gourmet Garlic Pepper Crispy Onions Crunchy Toppings (1PK)$3.36 • Ea
12 burrito size flour tortillas, warmed0Great Value Graham Cracker Pie Crust Ready To Eat 170G$2.24 • Ea
- Heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and brown brisket. Remove brisket and set aside.
- Cook green peppers in same saucepot, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to slow cooker. Stir in pasta sauce, Knorr® Beef Bouillon Cube(s) and garlic.
- Cook covered on HIGH 4 to 6 hours or LOW 8 to 10 hours or until brisket is fork-tender. Remove brisket from sauce; cool slightly, then shred with two forks. Return to sauce and serve rolled up in tortillas. Serve, if desired, with guacamole, shredded cheese, sour cream or your favourite toppings.
- Always allow meat to rest at least 5 minutes after cooking. This will allow it to relax and retain its flavorful juices for these delicious burritos.
- Each serving of this dish provides 1 serving of vegetables and is a good source of iron and vitamin C. *See Nutrition Information for sodium content.